Thursday, July 7, 2011

11 Months

I can hardly believe little Sydney Lee is 11 months old today.  Time sure has flown.  My mom and I got a few quick pictures of her this evening.  I tried to write "11 Months" but she grabbed the paper before I could finish....so it said "11 M."
11 Month Highlights....
- Walking for over a month now....even trying to run!
- Climbing!  She's discovered that it's more fun to stand on her little ride-on "popper car" than to sit.  We referred to her as the "little dare devil" tonight.
- She is responding to so much.  She will jump, dance, or wiggle to get down when asked.  She shakes her head yes or no in response to some questions.  She puts her arms straight up in the air and says "up" when she wants up.
- When she's eating, Sydney is doing a much better job of asking for more, rather than screaming for it.  Now she uses a much softer voice and says, "Ma ma ma ma" when she wants more....though it does get progressively louder if you don't hurry!
- She LOVES the water.  Whether it's the bath, a pool, slip-n-slide, or water slide, she wants to play!
- I really think Syd doesn't realize she's only 11 months old.....she thinks she's as big as the other kids!
Recently I heard these comments from friends who hadn't seen her in awhile....."When did she turn 1?" - thinking she was already a year, and another said, "She's so little."  The latter comment made me realize....while she's not actually small for her age, she looks little because she's doing things that older children do- not what you'd expect an 11 month old to be doing!  But I guess that's to be expected when she's got 2 older siblings and lots of cousins to keep up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment