Saturday, May 14, 2011

9 Months...

Sydney is 9 months old now (I'm a week late in posting this!).  She is "creeping," meaning she's walking along things.  She's (thankfully!) not too close to walking yet, though she is standing on her own and pushing things as she walks.  She sure would like to walk, but the rest of us aren't ready for that!


Both Isa and Cade were very easy babies when it came to getting into things.  They liked to play, but we never had to worry about them getting into things (cabinets, rooms, etc.) that they weren't supposed to.  I never even put baby locks on my lower cabinets with medicine or cleaning supplies in them because I never needed to.  But Sydney.....oh Sydney....she is into EVERYTHING!!!  For example:

- If you put her down on a blanket on the grass she will immediately crawl to the edge and grab grass and stick it in her mouth in one quick swoop.  Then she will do this repeatedly until you remove her from the situation.
- Sometimes in the mornings she will sit by Cade's chair.  She knows that he drops food and she waits for little pieces of oatmeal/bread/etc. to fall and she quickly puts them in her mouth.
- Our floors must be SPOTLESS (except for toys!), because any.little.thing goes into her mouth.  Yes, that little tiny crumb of something that we can barely even see- Syd finds it and eats it.
- She likes to chew on tags.  This may not sound so bad, except there are tags on lots of things, including rugs.  She finds the mat in the kitchen, flips it over, and tries to eat the tag.  One time she just skipped the tag and licked the bottom of the rug.  Eeww.
- She opens kitchen cabinets, shower doors, and the cabinet doors on our entertainment center and helps herself.
- Sweeping is nearly impossible.  If you try to make a pile she is RIGHT there behind you trying to grab it...and eat it.
- I could go on and on. :)

This was the "9 months" paper.  I think I have given up on these.


Eating grass!!
 However, with that said, Sydney is such a joy!  She is the HAPPIEST baby, and everywhere we go people are constantly commenting on how happy and smilely she is.  Today we were at the mall and Marcus decided he was going to count how many people smiled at or commented on Syd's happiness. (I'm not sure if he ever actually followed through with this though- I think he got distracted when I unexpectedly (for him) decided to go into another store :) ).

Here is her 9 month info:
- 19 lbs, 28.5 inches long
- Eating lots of baby food
- Says hi, bye, mama, dada, ba (ball), ba (Belle), Papa, Ma (Grandma), and up
- 4 teeth, and 2 more almost through
We love our little monkey!!!
That latch on the cabinet behind her does nothing.  She takes it right off and opens the cabinet!

No comments:

Post a Comment