Saturday, April 30, 2011

Overbooked

 I think we may have overbooked ourselves.  Between our regular jobs, my online class, Marcus' softball games and high school youth group, my softball games, Cade's soccer practice, and Isa's gymnastics, soccer practice, and soccer games, we are now booked every night of the week.  We're really enjoying it, though.  Cade loves soccer and does really well.  Isa just started gymnastics and the teacher already said she'll move up a level soon.  And Marcus and I kind of like doing something for ourselves.  So I think we will continue this craziness.  Plus, only 5 weeks until school's out (not that I'm counting!!) and then it won't seem so hectic. 

Isa had her first soccer game today.  Since she's still 5, she's with the 4-5 yr olds.  She did really well, but I think she's the only one on her team who really knew what was going on. :)  It's pretty cute to watch them all run around chasing the ball.  If they kept score, her team would have lost something like 8-1.  Isa did score their only goal though. :)  I'm sorry the pictures aren't that great.

Listening to her coach

Waiting to start

You can't really tell, but she just kicked the ball here.

Waiting to start- it was freezing!
On her way to the goal
My little soccer player.  I promise she really is wearing shorts.
After soccer I hurried home to finish last minute preparations for my cousin's baby shower that my mom, Jen, and I were hosting.  I brought my camera, but didn't take a single picture.  But I did snap a few pictures of Sydney afterwards.





Yes, she is standing.  And into EVERYTHING.  I really can't emphasize that enough.  She keeps you on your toes.  Neither Cade nor Isa ever really got into things- they never put anything in their mouths, didn't get into cabinets they weren't supposed to, etc.  Sydney is the exact opposite.  Any. little. tiny. thing. goes. in. to. her. mouth.  And she likes to chew on tags, her favorite one being the tag on the mat in the kitchen.  Gross.  Today while I was getting ready for the shower she crawled over, turned the mat upside down, and was licking the bottom of it.  Eeeww.  But she is a joy.  She is the happiest baby and so incredibly sweet.

Finally, we got new doors this week.  We had a slider before, and these are such a wonderful improvement! 


1 comment:

  1. Hey! We got the same doors to replace our slider last spring! We love them!

    ReplyDelete